for Windows XP or newer
Task Builder was designed to help students on the Autism Spectrum who need step-by-step visual information to perform tasks or follow a schedule. You can use Task Builder to teach or simply reinforce tasks. Task Builder’s authoring tool lets you create tasks using images, sound files, recorded sound, text-to-speech, and video to reinforce your work. You can organize separate tasks into task groups for each student. Students can replay the tasks as many times as they wish on the computer. The tasks can also be printed into small ‘booklets’ that can be used for off-computer reference.
- Increase skills in following visual structure.
- Increase skills in following directions.
- Increase skills in doing tasks.
- Create visual tasks with pictures, movies, words and text.
- Create step-by-step tasks or social stories to give visual structure.
- Use movies to show a task being done.
- Use pictures of the student doing the task to increase engagement and interest.
- Print tasks for students to review.