The Lord is My Shepherd w/ Tool Kit
for Macintosh and Windows
The Lord is My Shepherd is an interactive version of the 23rd Psalm, featuring beautiful artwork and original music. Early readers and switch users page through the story at their own pace, stopping to repeat the narration, play with the animation or just enjoy the rich scenery and soothing sounds.
Dozens of options allow the program to be customized for any user, from auto-play to cause and effect to full interaction. It can be controlled with mouse, keyboard, touch screen, or switches. A beautiful, rewarding experience for learners of all ages.
- Gorgeous illustration by Michael Walker with animation on each screen
- Original background music and song by Bill Downey
- Each word optionally highlighted as it is spoken
- Direct selection with mouse, keyboard or touch screen, single switch auto-scan or two switch step scanning
- Interactive mode allows the student to read, replay, advance or go back
- True auditory scanning with verbal prompts for low-vision users
- Story book included in PDF format for printing
- Lots of options for parent or teacher control
Included Tool Kit
Conveniently bundled, The Lord is My Shepherd Assistive Technology Tool Kit offers tools to help you be successful as you work with individuals with cognitive impairments. The Tool Kit includes:
- The Lord is My Shepherd CD
- 45-page pdf with detailed information about how to teach Psalm 23 to individuals with moderate to severe cognitive impairments and mild to moderate cognitive impairments. These sections, wonderfully written by speech-language pathologists Sandra Weber and Bill Downey, include tips for communicating, using pictures as teaching aids, discussion questions, creating props/activities, sentence cloze activities, memory verses, vocabulary frames, and more.
- 5 Communication Board pdfs
- The Lord is My Shepherd Story Book on pdf
A Macintosh running MacOS 10.1 or newer, or a PC running Windows XP or newer. Supports keyboard, mouse, touch screen, and single- or dual-switch input.